1) Build a model of a wave that describes the following characteristics of longitudinal waves and transverse waves: wavelength, frequency, period, amplitude, and velocity.
2) Quantify the relationship among the frequency, wavelength, and the speed of a wave.
3) Compare and contrast the properties and the applications of mechanical and electromagnetic waves.
4) Explain the relationship between the wavelength of light absorbed or released by an atom or molecule and the transfer of a discrete amount of energy.
5) Experimentally explore the additive and subtractive properties associated with color formation.
6) Using real world application, explain the principle of the Doppler Effect.
7) Investigate reflection, refraction, diffraction, and interference of waves.
8) Explain what function sound resonance has in practical form.
9) Analyze the application of polarization.